你会用电脑吗? Do you know how to use a computer? 你以前用过电脑吗? Have you ever worked on a computer before? 你常用电脑吗? Do you often work with a computer? 我喜欢电脑游戏。 I like computer games. 我们文书工作全

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语手册

19 Types of Guns and Weapons GLOSSARY to peg (someone) as (something) to believe that someone has certaincharacteristics or will behave a certain way * I always pegged Sinclair as a great decision-maker, so Iwas really surprised byhis indecisiveness

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

16 Joking and Making Fun of Other PeopleGLOSSARY miffed angry, annoyed, and offended; upset * Leanne was really miffed when her husband didnt notice her new haircut. to tease to make jokes about someone else, but in a friendly way; to laugh at anothe

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

14Setting the Table GLOSSARY Its not everyday that a phrase used to show that something happens only rarely and is not common or usual* Its not everyday that my favorite singer visits my hometown to perform! china porcelain dishes; very nice ceramic

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

06 Watching the TV News GLOSSARY anchor person who announces the news on television; person who sits behinda desk and reads the news to the viewers * Angela works as an anchor on Channel 7. Because so many people watch thenews on that channel, people

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

10 Describing a Musical Performance GLOSSARY to audition to sing, play a musical instrument, act, or dance for a short period of time so that someone can see and listen and decide whether one should be selected for a real performance or participation

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Buying Meat from a Butcher Butcher: Good morning. What can I get for you? Samantha: Id like some lamb chops, pork chops, and some beef, but Im not sure which cuts I want yet. Butcher: Youve come to the right butcher shop. Everything here is fresh. Ev

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Using Herbs and Spices in Cooking Gisela: That smells wonderful! Danny: This is my familys recipe. The secret is in the combination of seasonings we use. Gisela: I can see that. You must have 30 different dried and fresh herbs and spices on this coun

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Working as a Street Performer Giancarlo: Whoa, where are you going? I thought we were going to hang out. Alana: Im going to work. Giancarlo: Work? I didnt know you got a job. Alana: Im busking on Main Street. Giancarlo: You mean youre panhandling? Th

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Learning to Act Richard: Its 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. Why are you banging those pots and pans? Elizabeth: I have an audition coming up and Im rehearsing. Richard: By banging pots and pans? Elizabeth: Im up for a part as a 1950s housewife. I nee

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Marie Antoinette (Movie) When betrothed to King Louis XVI, the naiuml;ve and beautiful, Austrian-born Marie Antoinette enters the opulent French court, which is steeped in conspiracy and scandal. Without guidance, adrift in a dangerous world, the yo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

02 Ending a Restaurant Meal GLOSSARY to clear the plates to take dirty plates away from the table after people havefinished eating * Once youve finished eating, Ill clear the plates so that you two can talk at thetable more comfortably. out of (ones)

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之餐饮娱乐

02 Having a Slumber Party GLOSSARY slumber party a sleepover; an event where many children sleep at one childs house, staying up late, eating a lot of food, talking, and playing games * Ina wants to have a slumber party to celebrate her birthday. sle

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

03 Going to the Playground GLOSSARY nanny a woman whose job is to take care of another persons children, usually full-time while the parent is working and often livingin the familys home * Toshiyo and Mariah both work as engineers, so they have a nan

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

12 Listening to Music GLOSSARY extensive large, thorough, and complete, with many different kinds of something * Henry has extensive knowledge of home building because heworked for an architect for three years. collection a group of many of the same

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

06A Soccer Match GLOSSARY penalty a punishment against a team or a player who breaks a rule during agame* The team received a penalty when one of its players started fighting withmembers of the other team. goalkeeper goalie; the soccer player who tri

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

04Making a Restaurant Reservation GLOSSARY reservation a request that a table, seat, or room be available for ones use at afuture time* Have you made hotel reservations yet for your trip to San Diego? How many will be in the party? How many people wi

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

The American Bilateral Super Star--Hilary Duff (MTV) Hilary Duff stares off the cover of Most Wanted with the look of a doe-eyed, feathered-haired criminal. Or maybe she's just exhausted, which would explain why she revisits so much already-released

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地MV 2006

So far as I know, Miss Hannah Arendt was the first person to define the essential difference between work and labor. To be happy, a man must feel, firstly, free and, secondly, important. He cannot be really happy if he is compelled by society to do w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

歌曲:Lady GaGa-LoveGame Lady Gaga has released her fifth and final fashion film for her hit song You and I. The 26-year-old has been slowly releasing the series of her fashion films since September last year, with each of the five starring a char

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语娱乐八卦